Winterim is designed to challenge students to expand their knowledge beyond present experiences and to encourage a love of learning. This is accomplished by a small group of students working closely with a faculty member in various non-traditional experiential courses. Winterim provides opportunities to fulfill the school’s mission through exploration in academics, arts, outdoors, and athletics. Enrichment opportunities are also offered through cultural exchanges, community service, and internships. Participation in Winterim is required for all upper school students.
- To expand the student’s worldview and knowledge through exposure to new ideas, new cultures, and/or new skills.
- To deepen relationships among students and faculty by working together in small groups.
- To model a love of learning through faculty involvement with students.
- To eliminate the misconception that learning only occurs in a classroom environment and thus to develop lifelong learners.
- To reinforce in a different environment the ideas or concepts taught in the classroom.
Winterim 2015 will be Wednesday, January 14 through Friday, January 16. All available courses for Winterim 2015 are listed on the Courses Offered page.