Winterim is designed to challenge students to expand their knowledge beyond present experiences and to encourage a love of learning. This is accomplished by a small group of students working closely with a faculty member in various non-traditional experiential courses. Winterim provides opportunities to fulfill the school’s mission through exploration in academics, arts, outdoors, and athletics. Enrichment opportunities are also offered through cultural exchanges, community service, and internships. Participation in Winterim is required for all upper school students.
Winterim 2014 will be Wednesday, January 15th through Friday, January 17th. All available courses for Winterim 2014 are listed on the Courses Offered page. A copy of the catalog sent home with students may be viewed by clicking here.
- To expand the student’s worldview and knowledge through exposure to new ideas, new cultures, and/or new skills.
- To deepen relationships among students and faculty by working in small groups with a faculty member.
- To model a love of learning through faculty involvement with students.
- To eliminate the misconception that learning only occurs in a classroom environment and thus to develop lifelong learners.
- To reinforce in a different environment the ideas or concepts taught in the classroom.